Join André de Castro on a knitting tour of Umbria
featuring Stranded Colorwork knitting workshops
May 16-23, 2019
Join renown Knitwear Designer and Instructor André de Castro on an exciting week-long fiber adventure. The week will feature 5 workshops in Stranded Colorwork knitting. As a special bonus, André has designed a very special project based on Renaissance patterns from Umbria.
And if all that knitting weren’t enough, there is also Umbria to experience. You’ll enjoy tours of our fabled hill towns, visits to cashmere and alpaca farms, a weaving demonstration on jacquard looms, visits to knitting and weaving factories, not to mention extraordinary Umbrian cuisine, a wine tasting, and much more.
And you’ll stay in a beautifully restored 17th-century palazzo in the walled hill town of Bettona.
Reserve today – 10 places available! Write email@example.com
Package includes: accommodations for 7 nights in an historic palazzo (see below), workshops, daily tours and outings, all meals, admission fees, airport pick up/drop-off, and local transportation.
• 5 Stranded Colorwork workshops with André de Castro;
• One on one time with André;
• Beautiful ROWAN Felted Tweed yarn for a specially designed project;
• Daily tours of many of the fabled hill and plain towns of Umbria;
• Visit a (hand) weaving studio producing antique Jacquard patterns;
• Visit a cashmere farm and even get to comb a goat;
• Visit an alpaca farm and purchase alpaca and wool blend yarns;
• Discover local factories and see all the steps of commercial knitwear production;
• Visit a small workshop where you can order a custom cashmere sweater;
• Visit a cashmere outlet for great savings;
• Visit the Pardi linen factory to see commercial woven production. (A discount is offered on linen purchases.)
• Enjoy evening knitting circles;
• Shop in the town of Deruta for world famous ceramics;
• Enjoy the best Umbria has to offer with wonderful meals out, a cooking lesson, and a wine tasting . . .
7-day all inclusive package:
$2600 double occupancy;
$2850 per person, single occupancy;
Rooms are in a private or shared apartment or B&B room. (Group configuration determines room availability.)
Airfare is not included in package price
For help planning your trip — airline tickets and travel insurance — contact Bill Travers at 212-869-6431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
And stay in a 17th-century palazzo:
Extraordinary accommodations in the beautifully restored 17-century Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca
A variety of accommodations are available on a first come basis. Shared apartments sleep four with queen and twin beds and a shared bathroom. Two B&B rooms, with private bathrooms, are also available. Depending on group configuration, there may be a surcharge for single occupancy, if available.