Parliamo Italiano in Italia
Immersion Italian Language Tour
aWeekinUmbria.com is pleased to offer a spectacular 7 or 8-day Italian language tour package filled with opportunities to hone your Italian language skills in this full immersion adventure. Structured morning lessons with local Italian as a second language teachers will focus on the days activities and prepare students for a full immersion experience.
Then, stepping into a living classroom, the adventure begins for real.
You’ll start your day by ordering a cappuccino and cornetto and chatting it up at the bar in the piazza. In the afternoon you’ll stroll the intimate streets of an Umbrian hill town and ask for directions or do some shopping. At meals you’ll practice how to order off the menu and then sit back and savor the Umbrian cuisine and wine you’ve been longing for. You’ll get to meet the locals and practice your conversational skills at a barbeque held in the palazzo’s garden surrounded by roses, and olive and fruit trees. We’ll also visit an open market where you’ll help buy food for dinner from the stalls. There will also be plenty of other opportunities to read aloud, interact with local artisans, and shop – Deruta, a town famous for ceramics since the 14th century is only 10l away. And you’ll do all of this in Italian. What fun! And you’ll also discover Umbria’s Etruscan, Roman, Medieval, and Renaissance heritage, visit glorious churches and museums, and enjoy breathtaking views all along the way. (Beginner / intermediate level.)
For this Italian language tour, lessons will focus on the daily experiences — going to the market, ordering in a restaurant, and shopping. Students will also read aloud and translate a prayer, a poem, a contemporary song, and more. But equally important to the basics and grammar, there will be lots of opportunity to practice Italian without pressure as well. Past guests have said the car rides through the Umbrian hills and vineyards have been particularly fun and helpful as we discuss what we’re passing and they get to ask questions. Yes, we do as much as we can in Italian.
Accommodations: To round out the experience, you’ll stay at the 17-century Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca in the walled town of Bettona, home of your American host who will make you feel at home as you explore Umbria.
Why not join other Italilofiles and me for the spectacular language adventure you’ve been waiting for. For more information, write firstname.lastname@example.org
Vieni, vieni! — Michael LaPlaca
7-day tour package cost: $2650
8-day tour package cost: $2850
aWeekinUmbria’s package tour cost is $2650 or $2850 per person, double occupancy in a private or shared apartment or B&B room. (Possible surcharge for single occupancy, depending on number of guests and room availability.) Airfare is not included.
Minimum 4 people, maximum 8.
• Pick-up and drop off at Rome’s Fiumicino airport;
• 7/8 nights accommodations at Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca (go to Accommodations);
• 4/5 morning lessons (3 hours each) with a Italian as a second language teacher: One special lesson on demystifying dialects;
• 8 day tour will include an additional lesson focusing on idioms and learning the Italian card game Burraco;
• Copies of of Kathryn Occhipinti’s Conversational Italian Books for Travelers: Just the Verbs, and Just the Grammar (one set per couple)
• Day trip tours of our fabled hill and plain towns, including Perugia, Assisi, Montefalco, and more;
• All meals in and out of the palazzo;
• A barbeque in the garden with locals to practice your conversational skills;
• A cooking lesson in the palazzo’s wonderful main kitchen;
• A wine tasting at one of our extraordinary wineries;
• Excursions to Deruta to shop for world famous ceramics and a cashmere outlet.