Join us for one of our special themed tours or come and stay whenever you want. Let aWeekinUmbria plan an extraordinary vacation just for you.
October 13-21: Autumn in Umbria
2 places available
October 21-28: Olive harvest
Come learn with Maria Luisa Scolastra of Villa Roncalli and other local chefs the secrets flavor of Umbrian cooking; visit an organic farm; cheese making demonstration; truffle hunt. Join us for this year’s olive harvest at a special price of only $2250 per person. (Private customized tours are available anytime mid-April–mid-Nov. Minimum 4 people.) More info>
Join us for the third annual week-long spring knitting and fiber adventure. We will visit cashmere and alpaca farms, a jacquard weaving studio, and commercial processing, knitting, and weaving factories, and much more. More info >
• LGBT Welcome: Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca extends a warm welcome to the LGBT community where you can relax in a friendly environment.
• Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca: The beautifully restored palazzo is quite flexible with private apartments and B&B rooms that can be combined to sleep up to 14.
• Transportation available: Airport and train pick up/drop off available; guided tour packages include all transportation (except airfair).
Maria Luisa Scolastra (of Villa Roncalli in Foligno) is coming back to teach here in Blauvelt. Last year 26 people came for a weekend of fabulous lessons. For more info on tours featuring Maria Luisa write firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our upcoming culinary tours.
Let aWeekinUmbria plan the perfect adventure for you
Small groups can be as few as 2 or as many as 14 people and can be one of our themed tours or a mixture of all of them (Best of Umbria Tour)
• Book Club tours
Read 3 selected books and then visit locations to discover the author’s Umbria. “Surpassed all our expectations” – guest review. (Available for 2 to 4 people) More info>
Join us for a spectacular tour to the home towns of Saint Francis and Saint Clair, Saint Bonaventura, as well as wonderful abbeys, sacred woods, and other holy places that speak to the spirituality of Umbria. Find out more. More info >
• Art tours
From our Etruscan roots to the High Renaissance, Umbria offers great art experiences. Discover the work of truly spectacular artists like Giotto, Perugino, Signorelli, Pinturicchio, Gozzoli, Lippi, and Lo Spagna. Tour great museums and churches, and out of the way places. (Available for 2 to 8 people) More info >
• Discover the Sanctuary city of Bettona with a Best of Umbria tour
This year it’s more important than ever to know you have a place to which you can escape the madness of the United States. Let Bettona and Umbria work their magic on your soul. (Available for 2 to 8 people) More info >
Perfect location to explore Umbria
• Conveniently located in the center of Umbria with easy access to all of major roads
• Explore the fabled cities of Assisi, Perugia, Orvieto, and Spoleto – to name but a few. Savor Umbrian cuisine and wine with a mixture of home cooked meals, visits to extraordinary local restaurants, and wine tastings. Discover intimate villages and hill towns or shop for world famous ceramics in Deruta, and you’ll enjoy breathtaking views all along the way.
aWeekinUmbria declares Bettona an official Sanctuary City This year it's more important than ever to...
Q&A with Michael LaPlaca, Owner/Innkeeper at Palazzo Fiumi-LaPlaca Jane: Hi Michael. I’d like you to tell us a little...
Villa Boccaglione opens at last I have past the Villa Boccaglione, in Passagio just beneath the...
Back to the blog > Vuoi pranzare insieme? (Do you want...
The sauce is fragrant and there are small pools of delicious olive oil that make me want to dip my...
Back to the blog > Ferragosto rose Today is Ferragosto*, the 15th of August, a holiday in...
Last time I was in New York, I was talking to someone at a party and, when I said I...
Life in Bettona The reality of living on two different continents means that I’m not always sure where I am these...
By the time we’ve reached the front gate of Bettona, the halfway point in our walk around the town walls,...
I know I’ve spoken to just about everyone about my fascination with the clouds here in Umbria — to me...